I am officially a resident of Connecticut now! Wow... everything is so different here! There are no mountains, just hills...WITHOUT SNOW YAY!... trees EVERYWHERE, and I don't think there is such thing as a small house in this entire state!
I landed in Hartford, CT at 11:55 am Eastern time, which is two hours different from Utah, and met Al. He is the father, and such a fun guy to be around. I haven't figured out how old they are, but he looks like he is 32 at most! We drove home to Watertown, CT (halfway between Hartford and Danbury), and I finally met Nancy. She is such a sweet and loving mother. She reminds me a lot of my own mother, which makes me feel even more at home! There are three kids. Jordyn, who is almost 5, Mason, who is 3.5, and Austin, who is 9 weeks old (and the best baby I have ever seen. he doesn't cry at all!). They are all so much fun, and I love them already! I can already tell that I am going to be having the time of my life with them!
Their house is BIG! I wish I could post photos, but I left my USB cord that connects my camera to the computer at home... :( bummer. So everyone will have to wait! :) We went to dinner tonight at this GREAT Japanese restaraunt, and I tried many new things! It is called Hitachi, and they make your food on a grill right in front of you! Don't worry, it was only $30 a plate...plus the extra sushi and extra appetizers that we ordered.... HOLY COW it was good, though! I tried scallops, lobster tail, california rolls, tuna sushi, and tempura, and the only thing I disliked was the tuna sushi. I was pretty surprised, because I am a picky eater...
So far I am loving life, and am so excited. I did get pretty nervous for awhile, but everything has turned out better than I could have hoped for! I will keep you updated. Tomorrow, they are going to try and show me around town.... We will see how that goes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
We are so glad that you made it there safely and love it too. Good luck to you and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you!
I's so excited for you! Connecticut is so beautiful! Just you wait until Fall! Good luck with everything.
We missed you today! I am so glad to hear that you made it safely and are still excited! I am glad the family seems so wonderful and it's nothing like having people around who remind you of home.. You deserve the best! Good luck with things! Love you!
O Ashton I miss you and am so glad that you like your family! Cant wait to see pictures. Love ya! Take care!!!
Ashton!! How are you?? Oh, your adventures sound like so much fun! I hope everything goes well!
I am glad you made it there alright. We are excited to hear about your adventures!
We love you!
oh, i'm sure you are loving it back there. everything is so pretty and it sounds like you have a great "family." enjoy traveling while you can!
Post a Comment